- 1 Which of the following foods is the best source for vitamin B12?
- 2 What food groups contain the greatest variety of vitamins?
- 3 Which food source has the greatest amount of Vitamin A per serving?
- 4 Which foods provide the richest source of folate quizlet?
- 5 Which form of vitamin B12 is best?
- 6 What type of B12 is best?
- 7 What are the 5 major food groups?
- 8 What to eat to get all nutrients?
- 9 What to eat to get all daily nutrients?
- 10 What food has Vit A?
- 11 Which vitamin is best for hair?
- 12 How can I get vitamin A naturally?
- 13 Which of the following is highest in folate?
- 14 Which natural food is the best source of folate?
- 15 What form of folate is found in food?
Which of the following foods is the best source for vitamin B12?
Milk and milk products are good sources of vitamin B12. Many ready-to-eat breakfast cereals are fortified with vitamin B12. Includes a variety of protein foods such as lean meats; poultry; eggs; seafood; beans, peas, and lentils; nuts and seeds; and soy products. Fish and red meat are excellent sources of vitamin B12.
What food groups contain the greatest variety of vitamins?
The top food sources
The best approach to ensure you get a variety of vitamins and minerals, and in the proper amounts, is to adopt a broad healthy diet. This involves an emphasis on fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and legumes, low-fat protein, and dairy products.
Which food source has the greatest amount of Vitamin A per serving?
Liver is the richest source of vitamin A outside of supplements. A single three-ounce serving of cooked liver contains as much as 6600 mcg of vitamin A, or more than 700% of your daily requirement.
Which foods provide the richest source of folate quizlet?
What are major food sources of folate? Mushrooms, green vegetables such as spinach, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, turnip and collard greens, and okra). Additional good sources of the vitamin are peanuts, legumes, lentils, fruits, and their juices, and liver.
Which form of vitamin B12 is best?
The body may absorb cyanocobalamin better, while methylcobalamin has a higher retention rate. Both can prevent B12 deficiency, but methylcobalamin should be combined with adenosylcobalamin for best results.
What type of B12 is best?
* Please note that cyanocobalamin is the form of B12 most used in supplements because it’s the cheapest and while we’ve presented methylcobalamin as the superior form both are excellent at providing nutritionally valuable quantities of Vitamin B12 to the body.
What are the 5 major food groups?
Back to Basics: All About MyPlate Food Groups
- The Five Food Groups. As the MyPlate icon shows, the five food groups are Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein Foods, and Dairy.
- Purpose of Food Groups.
- Food Group Amounts.
- Teaching the Food Groups.
What to eat to get all nutrients?
Foods that naturally are nutrient-rich include fruits and vegetables. Lean meats, fish, whole grains, dairy, legumes, nuts, and seeds also are high in nutrients.
What to eat to get all daily nutrients?
Here are the 11 most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
- Salmon. Not all fish is created equal.
- Kale. Of all the healthy leafy greens, kale is the king.
- Seaweed. The sea has more than just fish.
- Garlic. Garlic really is an amazing ingredient.
What food has Vit A?
The top food sources of vitamin A in the U.S. diet include dairy products, liver, fish, and fortified cereals; the top sources of provitamin A include carrots, broccoli, cantaloupe, and squash [4,5]. Table 2 suggests many dietary sources of vitamin A.
Which vitamin is best for hair?
Below are 5 vitamins and 3 other nutrients that may be important for hair growth.
- Vitamin A. All cells need vitamin A for growth.
- B-Vitamins. One of the best known vitamins for hair growth is a B-vitamin called biotin.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E.
How can I get vitamin A naturally?
The best sources of vitamin A are:
- Cod liver oil.
- Fortified breakfast cereals.
- Fortified skim milk.
- Orange and yellow vegetables and fruits.
- Other sources of beta-carotene such as broccoli, spinach, and most dark green, leafy vegetables.
Which of the following is highest in folate?
Here are 15 healthy foods that are high in folate or folic acid.
- Legumes. Legumes are the fruit or seed of any plant in the Fabaceae family, including:
- Asparagus. Asparagus contains a concentrated amount of many vitamins and minerals, including folate.
- Leafy greens.
- Citrus fruits.
- Brussels sprouts.
Which natural food is the best source of folate?
[38,39] Good sources of folate include:
- Dark green leafy vegetables (turnip greens, spinach, romaine lettuce, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli)
- Sunflower seeds.
- Fresh fruits, fruit juices.
- Whole grains.
What form of folate is found in food?
Food folates are in the tetrahydrofolate (THF) form and usually have additional glutamate residues, making them polyglutamates . Folic acid is the fully oxidized monoglutamate form of the vitamin that is used in fortified foods and most dietary supplements.